Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ban religious ceremonies in public

Caution: Rather extreme views ahead. Those with delicate sensibilities kindly refrain from reading!

Started for work at 7:30 am and found myself caught in unnatural traffic. The reason - some religious procession. There should be a ban on all religious processions at decent hours. And that includes the much celebrated Ganesh Puja, which is just a nightmare for people trying to get home after a hard day's work. I really don't understand why people have to publicly display their religious affectations. And its even worse when some god-man comes into town and thousands of people throng to meet him. Do people have such low self confidence that they need reassurance from some guy who has turned God and religion into a money spinning racket? Having lost the emotional crutch that's faith, I really envy those who do. But please, faith is an internal expression, something so private that public display only demeans and cheapens it.

1 comment:

AI said...

Oh I totally agree with you. Thank god I live somewhere where I don't have to deal with it!